Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Chinese painting

Today, I got a new idea how to spend my retirement years. Someone asked what I liked to do as a hobby.
I answered " learn chinese painting ".
One elderly gentleman added " computer chinese painting ".
I furrowed my forehead . " Computer or chinese painting ?"
" Computer chinese painting ". He answered very decisively. " You can learn chinese painting using the computer . No need to go & buy paints & paper."

Well , that will be excellent for me. But, I do like the smell of the paints & the feel of the rice paper . I like too, to hold the brush & perform the strokes. At the same time , I am game to try what the gentleman recommended. If at all I grow to like it , I may then venture further . Get all the stuff & make myself busy setting the props as an artist.

No comments: